Full-Time Policy and Research Analyst at Nextier Advisory
Nextier is a multi-competency public service advisory firm and think tank with experience bringing diverse actors together to address governance problems in highly complex environments. Nextier has core competencies in policy research, strategy, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and strategic communication. Nextier consultants bring deep knowledge of their industries; deliver rigorous analysis, and present pragmatic solutions to produce practical, sustainable, and high impact results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Policy and Research Analyst
- Nextier seeks to engage the services of a Policy and Research Analyst.
- The Analyst will work within a team of other analysts and consultants to support seniors within the firm to achieve business or organizational target.
The Policy and Research Analyst will:
- Source and post relevant news articles and host daily analysis on organisation’s website
- Reading up articles from policy journals, research institutes, think tanks, to develop an objective mind efficient enough for team productivity.
- Manage organisations Mail chimp account
- Handle publicity on social media platforms particularly twitter and Facebook
- Proof read organisation’s policy briefs
- Host weekly media publications
- Research and source contracts, funding and grants from potential donors for team advantage.
- Act as correspondence via SPD email and phone calls with clients, guests, partners, etc.
- Provide support in any other capacity required.
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, International Relations or any other related qualifications with 2:1 and above
- 1-2 years’ experience working on policy briefs or in a research related role.
- Adeptness with social media and digital marketing tools
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Dedicated team player
- Demonstrated interest in governance, policy research
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and a problem solving attitude.
- Must be confident and articulate.
- Must be decisive, action-centered and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must pay attention to details
- Able to develop ideas and processes and clearly express them.
Application Closing Date
19th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject of the email should be the Job Title you are applying for- For Example: (Policy & Research Analyst)
Note: Kindly follow all application instructions above, CV received without the appropriate subject title will be disqualified. ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.